Since Google made its first search engine, it has been striving to give users the best possible results. Over time, this has led to the development of local SEO, a type of SEO that focuses on improving your visibility in specific regions of the world.
Local SEO is all the rage these days. But is it better than global SEO? At first glance, it might seem like a no-brainer – after all, who doesn’t want their website to rank higher locally? Let’s find out how working with a local SEO company is a better option!
What is Local SEO?
Global SEO attempts to increase the visibility of a website by improving its tags, backlinks, and other on-page optimization techniques. Organic SEO focuses on increasing website traffic from natural search results (i.e., results generated without any artificial modifications) instead of focusing on boosting site rankings within specific search engines.
Local SEO is a subset of organic SEO that refers to optimizing a website for success in local markets. Local SEO services in Lahore generally encompass three goals:
- Increasing revenue
- Reducing customer acquisition costs (CAC), and
- Building awareness for the business
Local SEO vs Global SEO
One of the most common misconceptions about online marketing is that global SEO is always better than local SEO. This couldn’t be further from the truth! Local SEO is often better for your business because it allows you to effectively target your specific audience.
Local SEO is better than Global SEO for a variety of reasons.
- First, a local approach focuses on improving the ranking of your website within your specific market. This means you are more likely to improve your visibility and rank directly from organic search results.
- Secondly, a local approach allows you to tailor your marketing efforts to the needs of your target market. You can optimize your website for keywords relevant to your industry and region, which will help you attract traffic from local users.
- Additionally, engaging with a professional local SEO company can help spread the word about your business, boosting visibility and ranks.
- On the other hand, traditional SEO services attempt to improve a website’s ranking across all markets. This can be achieved through several methods, including paid advertising and link building. While this approach has benefits (including broader reach), it can also take more work to execute successfully.
Local SEO services in Lahore are often seen as the superior option for businesses looking to increase their online presence in specific areas.
Do’s & Don’ts of Local SEO
Local SEO also has some unique dos and don’ts compared to global or organic SEO that you should be aware of if you want to maximize its potential for your business:
- Do focus on Local audiences only
- Use local keywords
- Keep your GBP website updated.
- Focus on responsive design
- Never allow inconsistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number)
- Do not try to target global audiences through local optimizations.
- Ensure quality content for the local market
What are the Benefits of Local SEO?
Local SEO is a more localized form of search engine optimization. This means your website is designed to be found and ranked better in specific geographic regions than on a global scale.
Here are some benefits of working with a local SEO company:
- You can target customers who are already searching for local businesses.
- You can nurture relationships with existing customers by providing specialized content and services they may need.
- You can focus your marketing efforts on key neighbourhoods or areas where people are likely to spend time.
- You can use regional differences in search engine algorithms to improve your ranking.
Stats that Prove Local SEO is Better than Global SEO
Due to rapid digitalization, more and more businesses are striving to get the best out of their investment. If you’re confused about choosing local or global SEO, here are a few facts we gathered from Hubspot. They will give you valuable insight into how local SEO services in Pakistan can benefit your business:
- Google searches for local information account for 46% of all searches.
- 72% of shoppers who performed local searches went to a retailer within five miles.
- 97% of people find out more online than anywhere else about a local business.
- 88% of mobile device searches for nearby companies result in a call or visit within 24 hours.
- If a local business has a mobile-friendly website, 61% of mobile searchers are more inclined to get in touch with them.
- By 2025, mobile devices will influence more than $18 trillion in local sales.
- Only 7% of non-local smartphone searches resulted in a sale, compared to 18% of local searches followed by a purchase within a day.
- In-store purchases are the result of 78% of location-based mobile searches.
- Nearly a two-year period, searches for things “near me” or “close by” increased by over 900%.
- Advertisements tailored to their city or zip code are desired by 72% of users of computers and tablets and 67% of users of smartphones.
- A 9916% increase in additional mobile revenue can be achieved by deploying location-based coupons on mobile devices.
- 28% of the time, local searches result in purchases.
- Information from search results will direct 70% of customers to a real location.
- On the first page of local search results, 92% of users will choose businesses.
- By 2026, global retail e-commerce revenues will total $8.1 trillion.
- Search engines are used by 4 out of 5 consumers to find local information.
In today’s world, it is important to have your business reach as many people as possible. However, this can be challenging when looking for an SEO strategy that will work for your small business. In such cases, working with a professional local SEO company is a better option.
Local SEO takes advantage of search engine algorithms that reward websites with high rankings close to where a person is searching. Global SEO focuses on optimizing a website to appear higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), regardless of location.
Which type of SEO is right for your business?
Get in touch with Digital Media Line now to find out!