Improvement is not innovation and innovation is essential if your aim is to survive in today’s business environment. Fixating on improvement in today’s world is a dangerous path—one that ultimately leads to commoditization and irrelevance. In this episode, I talk with author, Steve Miller, about innovating in today’s business world by creating powerful, uncopyable experiences for your target customer.
Questions I ask Steve Miller:
- [2:34] What does ‘Stealing Genuis’ mean?
- [6:29] What is adaptive innovation?
- [9:39] How do you advise people?
- [14:43] What are some of the ways to know if something innovative is going to be a big risk and not turn off customers?
- [16:23] Do you have a couple of examples of companies that you think are just routinely good at innovation?
- [19:06] Where can more people find out about you and your work?
More About Jack McGuinness:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn – Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND