Marketing Podcast with Matt Higgins
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Matt Higgins. Matt is a self-made entrepreneur who went from poverty to the top of five industries and now serves as a guest Shark on ABC’s hit series Shark Tank. He will soon star in a new spinoff Business Hunters also executive produced by Mark Burnett. Matt is also the author of Burn The Boat: Toss Plan B Overboard and Unleash Your Full Potential.
Ready to take your dreams from pipe dreams to reality? Matt Higgins explains how the age-old strategy of “burning the boats” can help you get there. It’s not just for wartime anymore! Across his journey, he absorbed stories of world leaders and inspiring figures that enabled him to put together a template – one available for anyone who works hard enough, and he’s sharing it with us in this episode.
Questions I ask Matt Higgins:
- [1:21] If somebody were to ask you how you got here, what’s the five-minute version of what your entrepreneurial journey has been like?
- [5:34] What is the story behind the metaphor “burn the boat”?
- [11:47] Do you think that people come to the conclusion that they burn the boats in hindsight? Is sometimes luck at play?
- [14:30] Would you say there’s an element of things getting easier, less scary, and more clear once you practice the art of fully committing to things?
- [19:10] Tell us a little bit about the spinoff Business Hunters.
- [21:59] What cool resources come with the book and where can people pick up a copy?
More About Matt Higgins:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.