With the web changing so fast website migration is a common thing most webmasters do. There are several reasons to follow this website migration checklist. Your site could be moving to an entirely new domain or for businesses to have a better future ahead. Let’s see what website migration is.
What is website migration?
For a web developer, website migration is moving your website from one environment to another, or the domain name of the website changes, and for SEO professional’s website migration is making changes to your website that can affect the visibility of your website.
Why do you need website migration?
- A business can change its domain; for that, the business needs a new URL for smooth functioning of the business.
- Another reason would be, hosting change where the files and database need to be migrated to a new server.
- Businesses can migrate to a website for better functionality for their e-commerce website.
Are there any website migration services out there?
In website migration, there is a tremendous amount of work because there is a change in URL, platform, content, structure, and it should be SEO friendly. Some companies provide website migration services. Lead Dubai is a digital marketing company whose developers focus on migrating the website, which is SEO friendly.
Is it difficult to migrate the website?
- New technologies are emerging every day, which makes the experience of migrating the website more accessible.
- Lead Dubai provides website migration service that makes your experience more accessible.
- But sometimes your customer may experience some downtime during the process.
How much time does it take for a website migration?
- Website migration process depends on how much data you have.
- It can take up to 3 – 24 hours, but the average time is 30 mins.
Does migrating your website affect SEO?
- There is a platform change during website migration; there will be changes in coding and the content, affecting how search engines approach your page.
- Rebranding and redesigning your website can substantially the layout of your website and how your content is displayed.
- You need to make sure that all the content is migrated correctly.
- There could be website errors that can also affect your SEO. After migrating, your potential customers can click on your old website and get errors. They would not make an effort to search through your new website. So it would help if you made sure this problem was resolved.
Should you migrate your website to HTTPS?
- First, we need to understand what an SSL certificate is?
- It’s a security protocol between the web browser and web server.
- E.g., if your user enters a name, password, or sensitive data like credit card details, it will be encrypted.
- Websites having SSL installed can be accessed through HTTPS.
- HTTPS is necessary for the security of your website, and according to Google, HTTPS websites will be ranked above the non-HTTPS website.
- HTTPS will gain more ranking and importance in the future. So migrating your website to HTTPS will be a good option.