Marketing Podcast with David Barnett
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview David Barnett. David is an Author, Speaker, Educator, Consultant, and Business Buy/Sell Process Coach who works with people to help them prepare and sell their businesses privately or buy a business privately or via a business broker.
Questions I ask David Barnett:
- [1:38] What are the steps someone needs to take to get their business ready to sell?
- [3:57] If I’m that solo owner and I’ve been paying myself a nice salary and there’s maybe 10% profit at the end of it – is that considered cash flow or is that considered an expense of the business?
- [6:34] Would you say that is very common for business owners to overvalue their business?
- [8:56] What are some of the common ways that you’ve seen people structure deals?
- [13:03] What do you think about the deals that are structured with certain targets and percentages?
- [14:27] Are there some dos and don’ts when it comes to the transition once your business?
- [15:47] Do you write clauses in for when new people come in and when people leave the business?
- [18:54] What’s marketing look like for selling a business?
- [20:48] Where can people learn more about you and your business?
More About David Barnett:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.