Simon Sinek’s net worth is over $20 million as of 2023.
Most of his income comes from his best-selling books, speaking gigs, and consultations.
He’s famous for his “Golden Circle”, which consists of three main parts: What, How, and Why.
He believes that most successful businesses start with their “Why” factor, whereas the average businesses start with the “What” factor.
If you want to know more about Sinek and his net worth, read on.
Who is Simon Sinek?
Sinok has been featured in all the major publications, including The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Time magazine, and more.
He has also been a guest on popular talk shows such as The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, Good Morning America, etc.
He’s also the author of 5 best-selling books.
Simon Sinek biography:
- Simon Sinek’s Age: 49 years old
- Birth Date: 9 October 1973
- Birth Place: Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom
- Nationality: American, English
- Status: Unmarried
Simon Sinek in Numbers:
- Estimated net worth: $20 million
- His YouTube channel has over 1.74 million subscribers
- Nearly 1 million people follow him on Twitter
- Over 2.5 million follow him on LinkedIn
- Sinek has over 3.4 million followers on Facebook
Want to know how Simon Sinek’s net worth went from $0 to $20 million? Let’s find out.
Top 5 Powerful Lessons We Can All Learn From Simon Sinek
1. Start with why
Simon Sinek is known for his famous message, “Start with your why”.
What does it mean? It means understanding your TRUE purpose and the reason why you do what you do.
He always teaches people that “people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.”
Once you know your “why”, it becomes easier to achieve your long-term goals.
In his popular YouTube video titled “How great leaders inspire action”, Sinek shares a UNIQUE concept called the “Golden Circle.” This video was viewed by millions of people across the world.
It is a framework for understanding how leaders and most successful businesses like Apple (or Amazon) can inspire others.
The Golden Circle consists of three concentric circles:
- What (The “what” is what you do)
- How (The “how” is how you do it)
- Why (The “why” is why you do it)
Simon Sinek believes the most successful people start with the “why.”
Here’s the illustration of the Golden Circle, which was introduced by Sinek.
As you can see above, the furthermost circle is “What”, which is what a business or company does.
The middle circle is the “How,” which is how a business does its things. The innermost circle is “Why”, which is the organization’s purpose. Simon believes that “WHY” is what most important than other circles.
So how can you find your WHY? Here are some proven tips for finding your “why”:
- Think about what you are passionate about. Identify ALL the skills you have. Make sure to know your expertise. So it becomes easier to find your why.
- What are your CORE values? Is it making money? Creating an impact? Helping people with your work? What do you believe in?
- What kind of impact do you want to have on the world?
Take your time to answer these questions, and you’ll know your why.
2. Build a following
One of the major reasons behind Simon Sinek’s net worth is his following.
He has millions of followers on social media. His books have sold millions of copies worldwide.
If you want to succeed in business, focus on building a following. Build fans who’ll do whatever you want (be it purchasing your products, trying services, or just watching your YouTube videos).
That being said, here are some of the MOST effective tips on how to build a following like Simon Sinek in 2023 and beyond.
- Be a storyteller: Simon is known for his storytelling skills. People love stories. That’s why they watch movies, TV series, read comics, etc. When you share your story, you connect with people BETTER.
- Be helpful: No matter what industry you’re in, always help others with your content, products, books, etc. People are more likely to follow you if you offer HUGE value for FREE. That’s how we build our blog, which generates over $15K monthly. We often share tips, advice, and insights to help people build successful websites.
- Be social: Engage with your audience on social media. Make sure to spend time actively, at least on social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. Respond to comments and questions.
- Be patient: It takes time to build your following from scratch. You’re not a Justin Bieber or Elon Musk to generate millions of views or likes on a social media post. So, don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results overnight. Just keep creating great content, and eventually, you will build a following in the long run.
3. Publish a book
Sinok is a best-selling author. Most people love Sinek because of his books. He shares all his knowledge through his books, including amazing ideas like;
- Start with why
- Golden Circle and more
Did you know that Sinok published FIVE books so far?
Here’s the list of all the books written by Simon Sinek;
- Start with WHY (2009): This is the BEST-SELLING book from Sinek, which mostly talks about the Golden Circle framework, where you’ll learn how leaders and organizations can inspire others.
- Leaders Eat Last (2013): If you’re running an organization, this is a must-read, as you’ll find all the recipes for becoming a good leader.
- Together is Better (2016): If you’re looking for advice on teamwork, this is a great book for you. You’ll learn the concept of “we are stronger when we work together”, in this book.
- The Infinite Game (2017): If you want to develop an infinite mindset to achieve something bigger in life or business, check out this book.
- Find Your WHY (2017): Find Your WHY book was created as a follow-up book to Start with WHY. This book gives you practical steps on how to find your greater purpose.
4. Be true to yourself
People don’t like FAKE people in business or life. They like to follow authentic people, who’re genuine and who’re true to themselves.
Millions of people listen to Sinek because he’s always true to himself and his ideas.
You’ll succeed ONLY if you’re honest with yourself about your thoughts, feelings, and needs.
Make space for yourself. Give it some time when things don’t go in your way. Travel. Listen to your favorite music. Or talk to people who you love.
Remember, some people will like you, some people don’t. Learn to be okay with that. That’s how you can overcome challenges and actually create an impact with your work. That’s exactly how Sinek built a huge following both offline and online.
5. Be results-focused
Simon always talks about being results-focused rather than activity-focused.
What does it mean by results-focused? It means focusing on the desired result instead of specific activities to achieve it.
For example, if your goal is to earn $100,000 per month, focus ONLY on achieving that goal instead of worrying about all the things you need to do to achieve that goal.
Are you getting it?
Here are some tips that work REALLY well if you want to be results-focused.
- Set 10x goals: The first step to being results-focused is to set clear goals. What exactly do you want to achieve? Money or getting famous? Once you know what you want, you can plan accordingly. The key here is to set BIGGER goals, which is what Sinek often suggests.
- Break down your goals: Setting 10x goals is not a crime. But it’s a good idea to break your goals into smaller steps. Why? Smaller and more manageable goals will make it easy for you to achieve.
- Prioritize your tasks: Not all tasks are created equal. Some are more important than others. Find out what’s MORE important to you so you can focus only on those goals that have a BIG impact.
- Track your progress: Most people fail to achieve their goals because they don’t track their progress. Make sure to track your progress so you’ll know how you’re doing and make adjustments accordingly.
How Does Simon Sinek Make Money?
Simon Sinek makes money in the following ways.
As mentioned above, Sinok has published 5 books, most of which are best-sellers with millions of copies sold.
He’ll get royalties from publishing houses and commissions from platforms like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books a Million, and Indie Bound.
We don’t know how much exactly Sinek earns from his books, but it’d be upwards of $50K to $100K each year.
On his website, Sinek offers leadership training and the pricing starts at $15,000.
For example, a consultation on “Standard Keynotes” starts at $15K and includes:
- A pre-engagement Call
- 30-90 minute live session
- An unlimited number of seats
- An optional Q&A
- 30-day access to a recording of the experience
Motivational speaking gigs
Did you know that Sinek charges between $125,000 to $200,000+ for each of his motivational speaking gigs? Most organizations will pay over $100K to Sinek to kickstart their team’s WHY journey.
Sinek sells online courses and classes through his website SimonSinek.com.
Have a look at the pricing of one of his online courses;
As you can see, “Find Your WHY With Simon” course costs $250.
FAQs on Simon Sinek net worth
Here are some questions that people often ask about Simon Sinek.
Who is Simon Sinek?
Simon Sinek is a British-born American author and motivational speaker. He is the author of five books, including “Start With Why.”
Is Simon Sinek a best-selling author?
Yes, Sinek is a best-selling author of several books, including Start with Why, which sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
How much is Simon Sinek’s speaking fee?
Simon’s speaking fee ranges from $125,000 to $200,000. You can fill out this contact form to hire Sinek for speaking-related events.
Is Simon Sinek married? Who’s Simon Sinek’s wife?
Sinek is not married yet.
What is Simon Sinek’s net worth in 2023?
As of 2023, Simon Sinek has an estimated net worth of over $20 million.
How do I contact Simon Sinek?
You can contact Sinek through email at [email protected], or you can also reach out through his website at SimonSinek.com
How did Simon Sinek get famous?
Simon Sinek is best known for the “start with why” concept, and he’s committed to helping people find their “why” and inspiring them to live their lives with purpose.
Does Simon Sinek have a website?
Yes, Simon Sinek has a website SimonSinek.com where you can find all the details about Sinek along with his books, speaking gigs, products, and more.
Does Simon Sinek have a degree?
Yes, Simon Sinek has a degree (BA) in cultural anthropology from Brandeis University.
Where does Simon Sinek live?
Sinek is currently based in New York, U.S.A.
Final thoughts on Simon Sinek net worth
Simon Sinek is one of the best experts to follow regarding entrepreneurship. His knowledge can help you to find your purpose and inspire others to achieve great things.
His concept of the “Golden Circle” teaches you how great leaders like Steve Jobs, Martin Luther King, etc., were able to inspire others.
So what do you think about Sinek? Did you find our net worth about Simon Sinek helpful? Have any questions? Let us know in the comments.