Local SEO for Law Firms: 5 Benefits You Can’t Ignore
Search engine optimization (SEO) for law agencies includes strategies, techniques, and tactics to help attract more potential clients to a law firm’s website by obtaining a first-page ranking position in search engines (such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo).
It is already clear to most people that finding legal services is a quest. Social and word of mouth certainly play a role, but online research almost always dominates the research era.
The way consumers find, research, and choose a law firm has changed dramatically in recent years. Search is one of the key ways people obtain information online, and Google has dominated the search field since its inception in 1998.
How Google Ranks The Law Firms in Local Search
Simply put, Google identifies authority in local searches by measuring three factors: proximity, relevance, and power. In addition, Google requires identifying which websites deserve a higher ranking.
Here’s how these three factors are defined in local SEO:
Relevance: Does the content in your domain apply to the searcher?
Proximity: Is your business located in the city the searcher is looking for?
Authority: Your overall website authority is measured by many things, including content quality, website speed, and links to other websites.
Google uses thousands of different rating signals, each with extra weight. Factors related to user experiences, such as website speed, relevance, and well-written content, are essential, but you won’t rank for competitive personal injury keywords without links.
Links back to your website from other sites act as a vote of confidence in the eyes of Google. Contacting your law firm by another recognized official website, such as a news or hospital site, can help expose you to law firms that do not have this “vote of trust” from others.
If you do things right and get right, you will have the ability to rank for targeted keywords. Now, let’s look at the different types of keywords you have the opportunity to rank for.
How Your Clients Find Your Law Firm
When someone searches in Google, one types a keyword. A keyword can be a single word, several words, or a sentence. These are also sometimes known as key phrases.
Here are two different types of keywords that potential customers can type into a search engine, and that’s how we’ll refer to them going forward in this article.
Car accident lawyer
It is a transactional keyword where a potential client is likely to be looking for a car accident lawyer at the bottom of the funnel. People also call these “head keywords” or “money keywords.”
Do I Need a Solicitor After My Car Accident?
It’s keywords based on higher questions at the top of the marketing funnel. For example, this potential client has not yet decided to hire a lawyer and is researching. Typically, these are called “long-tail keywords.”
The type of device a visitor is searching from can also impact how you rank. For example, if you have a website that loads slowly, you are less likely to rank well on mobile search results.
Why? Google associates sluggish website performance with terrible user experience, increasing bounce rates (or leaving the page). So in 2021, Google will largely crawl your site’s mobile version to determine its ranking.
According to Hitwise, around 58% of all US searches are mobile devices. Mobile searches often have a local goal, and Google can better show local results to mobile devices.
Big cities and small towns are good places to be when you practice law. While this may sound easier said than done, several proven SEO methods may increase your exposure in local search results and bring your law firm in front of those clients. Can employ those seeking your services.
Benefits of Local SEO for Your Law Firm
Here are five reasons you should focus on getting local SEO advantages for law companies.
1. Increase Local Visibility: Just as SEO offers your internet business more prominence, local SEO gives your firm more visibility in your local community, frequently at the city level but sometimes statewide.
2. Associated Organic Search Visibility: The higher your website ranks in a local search result, the higher it will likely rank in a search engine’s organic list. It doesn’t usually happen, but it occurs occasionally.
3. High Conversion Rate: If done correctly, a local SEO strategy may result in a high conversion rate for your organization. After discovering it on a search engine, a firm that contacts a customer is generally further along in the buyer’s journey and ready or more straightforward to convert. Since they want to find an immediate service provider, users are more likely to buy from businesses that show up on a map.
4. More Local Trust: Reviews are a massive element in influencing people to acquire a product or service from a service provider. Getting favorable evaluations from residents in your area and surrounding cities is a great way to persuade prospective new customers to trust your product or service based on previous customers’ positive experiences.
5. Improve The Design & Functionality Of Your Website: Websites that take a long time to load or are hard to use and can be temporarily removed from search engine results. Users are more likely to visit your site if they can easily access information on their PCs and phones.
A potential buyer may trust your brand based on your website’s functionality and appearance. Whether you believe it or not, your law firm’s website is the first thing visitors see when they come. Therefore, a well-designed website may also boost SEO and user experience.
Measuring your Law SEO campaign’s ROI is crucial (not just money, but time too). Whether you employ a freelancer or do it yourself, you must ensure your seedlings develop.
Contact our skilled SEO strategist immediately to explore your possibilities. Call today!