- Video File Type: MP4
- Video Duration: 3 seconds – 30 minutes
- Video Ratio: 4:5, 9:16, 16:9, 1:1
- Video Thumbnail: Optional but recommended, JPG or PNG, 2 MB
- Video File Size: 75 KB (min) – 200 MB (max)
- Recommended frame rate: 30 frames per second
Portrait (4:5) videos – 720 x 1280 pixels – are best, since they work on mobile and desktop, and use up the most screen real estate. If your budget allows creation of multiple video dimensions, we recommend portrait, vertical (9:16), square (1:1), and landscape (16:9), in that order of priority.
Longer videos may be used for remarketing audiences, where the user is likely to be familiar with the brand. These videos should feature your brand prominently very early in the video, and we recommend ensuring your video’s key points and call-to-action are clear through visual and textual elements. Many viewers watch videos on LinkedIn with the sound off, so including captions or text overlays is very important.