Chromebooks are always available in schools because they let learners use the internet and educational platforms with no concerns about malware and other security vulnerabilities.
But at times, you may want to use Instagram on your school Chromebook. How do you get this done?
This article will explore all the steps involved in that process.
How to Get Instagram on School Chromebook
Instagram is one of the biggest social media sites as it lets everyone upload their images and videos and showcase them to their followers.
However, for students using Chromebooks in school, it may be tough to visit the Instagram platform, but there’s a strategy you can use. Here’s how to do it:
- Before anything else, use your school Chromebook to access the Chrome Web Store and type in “Instagram” in the search bar.
- Select the Instagram app logo in the search results and select the “Get” option.
- In the “email” section, input your school’s email id and next select the “Create Account” option.
- Next, you will be asked to set up a password. Input your chosen password in the password section and next select the “Create Account” option.
- After finalizing the account signup process, the next thing is to sign in by tapping the username that shows up on the upper right section of the screen and select the “login” option.
- After successfully signing in, you will be redirected to the Instagram webpage where you can access your posts.
How Do I Access Instagram at School?
Instagram is a widely used social media website that allows users to post images and short video clips.
Today, a lot of schools have added social media use to their syllabus and lesson plans as a route where learners can connect with their colleagues and showcase their school activities and academic work.
However, you may find that Instagram is inaccessible on some school Chromebooks. There are two major strategies you can use to set up Instagram on your device.
The first strategy is to use social media management platforms like Hootsuite or SocialBee.
These platforms enable users to administer their social media accounts from a single page, which is highly beneficial if you have several social media profiles you want to access on your Chromebook.
These platforms can also be used to integrate your Instagram into your device.
But ensure you conduct adequate research on these social management apps to choose the ones that are compatible with your device.
The next strategy is to access Instagram viewer apps like PrivateInsta or Gwaa.
These websites let you browse the Instagram profiles of any user on your Chromebook, which is great because you can keep up with viral trends without signing up or installing the Instagram app on your device.
Easy Way to Install Instagram App on Your Chromebook
Instagram is an exciting social platform used to share images and video clips.
It is home to more than five hundred million daily active users and can be accessed on multiple devices like computers, smartphones, iPads and entertainment systems.
You can install Instagram on your Chromebook via the Google Play Store.
After it has been downloaded on your device, navigate to the main menu and tap on it to sign in.
Here are more details on this:
- First, access the Google Play Store using your Chromebook.
- Next, navigate to the search bar, input “Instagram,” and select the Instagram icon that shows up in the search result.
- Slide down and tap the “Chromebook” button in the Apps section. If Instagram is not displayed in the Apps Section, it implies that your Chromebook OS is out of date.
- The next course of action is to look for new updates. Select the “Update Now” option in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If you can’t detect or find a new update, consider installing Instagram directly from the website.
After successfully downloading it on your device, tap it by selecting it from the main menu or on the Google Play Store.
How to Unblock Instagram on Chromebook
It may be difficult to browse Instagram using your school’s chrome book.
In this section, we will highlight ways you can get past these limitations. Here’s how to unblock Instagram on Chromebook:
- Start up the Chrome browser and access the Instagram website.
- After you have accessed the website, select the hamburger button (3 horizontal lines) located at the upper left area of the screen and click on “Settings.”
- Navigate to the “Advanced” section, select the “Hosts” option and edit the IP address to 127.0.0.1 or any other unlisted IP address.
- Select the “Save changes” option, reload your profile page, and then open it again.
How to Unblock Instagram
There are other effective ways to unblock Instagram from your Chromebook at school. Here are some of them:
The first method to unblock Instagram is through the use of a VPN.
This will help you circumvent any restrictions kept in place. However, this technique is unreliable and is not encouraged for use in educational facilities.
The second method is by installing a proxy service. The service lets you access Instagram via a 3rd party server.
This technique is more stable and safer, but it is very complex to configure.
Lastly, you can test either of these methods to find one that is more effective at unblocking Instagram on your Chromebook at school.
How do I Unblock Websites on my Chromebook?
Chromebooks are important for academic activities and learning, but they can restrict internet connection.
Here are some effective methods for unblocking websites on your school’s Chromebook:
The first method of bypassing website blocks on Chromebooks is through VPN services.
VPNs are functional because they hide your IP address, making it seem like you are browsing the net from another country entirely.
However, this method is not 100% foolproof, and it may fail to access a site if it has geolocation tracking or if your school uses a firewall system that blocks VPNs.
The next method is to activate the incognito mode in your Chrome browser.
This will allow you to browse anonymously, safeguard your browser history and only let you access sites that you have directly specified as trustworthy sites.
This method has some downsides and is incompatible with most websites.
If any of these techniques are not effective, you can try this last one: Use a proxy server. A proxy server plays the role of a link between your browser and the website.
This will help you circumvent any firewalls, blocks or restrictions set up. But proxies don’t work all the time and may be incompatible with some websites.
How to Get Instagram on School Chromebook FAQs
What’s the best way to unblock Instagram on my school PC?
A good method is to use the TOR browser to unblock Instagram on your school PC.
Even if you are browsing on your mobile device, you can install the TOR mobile app.
This will allow you to browse Instagram even when your school has restricted it via a WIFI connection or firewall. TOR browsers are also great for installing web apps.
What are some tips for bypassing Instagram block on my school’s Chromebook?
Install a VPN extension in your browser: It allows you to log into Instagram on your browsers (Opera, Firefox or Chrome). No need to download a VPN tool.
Set up a proxy server: This helps mask your Instagram sign-in from your school admin team. It is only effective on browsers.
Yes. Many social media apps are available on the Google Play Store and Chrome web Store.
Also, you can find applications that cater to academic & learning needs, creativity, arts, socialization and leisure. Many of these apps are free to use and can be installed with a single click.
How do I chat with my Instagram followers on Chromebook?
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your device.
- Input http://www.instagram.com into the URL.
- Sign in with your Instagram username & password or Facebook logins.
- After successfully signing in, hit the DM button (the same appearance as the message icon for the mobile app). Next, click on any follower or reply to a message on your contact list to start chatting.
Do educational facilities block VPNs?
Yes. Universities, schools and other learning facilities always block VPNs due to the need to regulate the use of network bandwidth and encourage internet use for research and other essential purposes.
This is the reason apps and platforms using a different port are usually blocked.
In this article, we explored ways in which you can get Instagram on your school Chromebook. This has always posed a serious challenge to a lot of students.
First, ensure that your Chrome OS is updated to the most recent version. Then, navigate to the Google Play Store and download Instagram.
Once that is done, access the app and log in. Lastly, build your profile by entering key details such as your username and bio.