Suppose customers willingly submit their email addresses on your brand’s website. They regularly check their inbox, but your brand’s name isn’t showing up. What gives?
Are you worrying that you might annoy your customers with regular emails? Don’t! According to statistics, 49% of consumers say they would like to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands on a weekly basis.
So, remove any doubt that you might have about email marketing and join 64% of small businesses that use it to reach customers. Create emails to notify your audience about new products, special offers, or events.
Making content for your email, however, is not enough. You need to step it up a notch and engage your readers with eye-catching templates.
If you’re wondering how to build your own email marketing templates, we have you covered!
What are email marketing templates?
An email marketing template is a pre-made template marketers can use for each email. It enables you to quickly and easily launch email marketing campaigns. All you need to do is replace images, texts, graphics, and other elements, and your message will be ready.
Marketers value templates because they don’t need to start from scratch each time a newsletter is due to be sent. However, if you want your emails to reflect your brand, you should create custom templates.
Custom templates reflect your company’s visual identity better than any options you can find online. They enable you to communicate the brand’s message, ensuring customers differentiate your company from others.
The benefits of email marketing templates
You need a custom template that demands attention and visually engages your readers. If you create one, you’ll reap the following benefits:
- Save time. Did you know that 63% of marketers spend at least two hours per campaign on content and design? Email marketing templates can shorten this time. When you add new content to an existing template, you won’t need to design anything from scratch.
- Be consistent. Consistency is the key to success. It creates a better experience for your subscribers. With email templates, you can build your visual identity through your brand’s colors, logo, and design. The result is a consistent brand experience.
- Scaling. You can scale your email marketing by enabling more people to make campaigns without needing assistance from developers every time. You can achieve that with templates.
Tips on how to code email marketing templates
You can import HTML files directly as custom templates into most email tools if you have the time and resources to work on email coding.
To make things easier, you can find various HTML email templates on the internet. These templates can be adapted to your selected email building tool.
On the other hand, if you want to create an HTML email from scratch, know that you’ll need to have advanced knowledge of HTML. For this reason, we recommend collaborating with a developer.
Whether you’ll use a pre-made HTML email template or work with a developer, it’s important you keep the tips we’ll mention in mind. They can help you improve the design and user experience of your emails:
- Make your email responsive for various screen sizes and devices. Keep in mind that your customers will read your email on different devices. You can’t cater to desktop users without thinking about Android and iOS users. Ensure your email looks great across different devices and screen sizes.
- Ensure styling elements work in different email clients. You can’t build a great email marketing template without ensuring it works in various email clients. The email won’t look the same, for instance, in Gmail and Outlook. Just keep in mind how popular email clients load styling elements to create a consistent experience for your audience.
- Analyze how long your email takes to load. You might be tempted to include many styling options in your email marketing template. However, you shouldn’t overdo it because your email might take too long to load. According to Google, a one-second delay in load time can impact conversion by up to 20%.
- Test everything. Don’t click “send” before you do some proper testing. You never know what kind of issue you overlooked. You need to ensure your email works across different devices, email clients and operating systems. Send a test email to your team to see how your email will appear.
If you need help with your email marketing templates, there are tools you can use.
Email marketing template builders
Email marketing remains a strong channel to convert and interact with your audience. In fact, 78% of marketers said email was important to overall company success in 2020.
As email marketing is here to stay, you need an email marketing template builder. We’re sure you don’t want to create dull-looking newsletters. Your goal is to encourage people to read your emails, not discourage them from it.
For that reason, we’ll mention five template builders you might want to check out.
Wishpond offers an email marketing tool that can help you grow your business. It is an easy-to-use platform, ensuring you create an engaging email in no time.
The tool offers numerous high-converting email templates that are suitable for any industry. Each template is mobile-responsive so that you can also impress your audience on their smartphones.
You can also create custom emails using the Wishpond drag-and-drop feature. Add any object you want, and you can customize it with simple controls. This drag-and-drop editor ensures your email looks perfect across all devices.
If you create more versions of the same newsletter, you can test them with Wishpond. The tool has powerful A/B testing, which helps you determine which elements generate more open rates, clicks, and conversions.
Another benefit of using Wishpond is that the platform allows you to track results. You will always know how each email has performed.
- Drag-and-drop editor
- A/B testing
- Advanced automations
- Numerous pre-made templates
Mailchimp is an email marketing software that helps you create engaging emails without any hitch. It is especially popular because of its accessibility.
You’ll quickly find your way around the platform as it is user-friendly. You can start by using drag-and-drop email templates in Mailchimp. Or, if you want, you can code your own template in the software’s email builder.
With each email you send, you’ll find additional options and features that can help you improve the user experience.
As a marketer, you’ll be happy to know that Mailchimp offers custom reports and analytics to track your efforts. Know how your audience responds to each email to prepare your next piece of content.
- Over 100 professional and customizable email templates
- Various options to create custom landing pages
- Advanced analytics to keep track of your emails’ performance
- Integrations with other marketing tools
Moosend is an email marketing software suitable for small businesses starting out with email marketing. If you want to engage your audience with eye-catching email designs, Moosend can help you there.
The software comes with a drag-and-drop editor that you can use to create responsive email templates. Marketers can include various elements like videos or countdown times to those templates. As a result, you will have a visually stunning campaign.
However, if you’re in a hurry, you can explore the Moosend library of templates. You’ll find a variety of different templates that will do the job. If you want to enrich your email with visuals, Moosend has an image picker that integrates with social media, Stock photos, and more.
- Marketing automation
- Customizable, pre-made templates
- Landing page builder
- Email list segmentation
- Integration with other marketing tools
BEE is a versatile email template and newsletter builder that offers two versions to cater to different user needs:
- BEE Free—this is a lite editor that comes with a drag-and-drop builder. It includes numerous templates and the option to export HTML and images.
- BEE Pro—this is a full-featured editor for professionals. It offers collaboration tools, branding options, and hosted images, among other things.
You should select the plan that works best for you. Regardless of your choice, you’ll work on a platform that helps you create responsive templates in only a few minutes. Using BEE is very easy.
The software is equipped with numerous designed templates, each of them customizable. You don’t even need to create an account to access the library of templates.
However, bear in mind that the free version is quite limited. If you want to impress your audience, you’ll need to choose BEE Pro.
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Numerous pre-designed templates
- Responsiveness tests for various email clients
- Integrations with many SaaS apps
Unlayer enables you to design and customize your own email marketing templates. You can also choose and edit any of its pre-made templates if you run out of ideas.
One perk of using Unlayer is that you can share your templates with the team. Together, you can review the template to create a message that converts.
If you’re short on visuals, Unlayer can help you there. It has an image library with royalty-free photos. You can find the picture that will attract the attention of your audience.
With this software, you can also transfer your emails to various email marketing platforms. This includes Mailchimp and HubSpot.
- The option to save and download templates for future use
- A free Chrome extension to use the tool in your browser
- Smart design options like dynamic content modules
- The option to export to your email software
Email marketing templates are helpful because they save valuable time. Instead of creating emails from scratch, you can pick a template and focus on other marketing tasks.
These templates are also important because they establish your visual identity. When a customer associates you with a certain color or font, they are more likely to notice your brand wherever you go.
So, create email marketing templates that reflect your brand. Whether you decide to code them, create custom email templates or use a pre-made template, you should ensure they are visually engaging. If they are, readers will want to know what you have to say.
Written by our guest writer Dmitriy Maschenko, the head of a division and a Board member at PSD2HTML
PSD2HTML is a company that offers top-notch web and mobile development services to all kinds of clients, from S&M businesses to agencies and governmental bodies. Dmitriy went all the way from a developer trainee position up to where he is now. With 12+ years of experience in the IT industry under his belt, Dmitriy has a wealth of knowledge to share with his readers. He writes on business management, website & app development, and everything in between.