When it comes to web surfing, Google Chrome is the finest browser to date worldwide. Using Google Chrome browser extensions only improves user experience—allowing you to boost your productivity, remove distractions, and gather content. Using these extensions from our top 10 list will make your browsing experience safer, smarter, and more productive with just one click.
Best Chrome Extensions for 2022
- SEO Quake
- Google Calendar
- Awesome Screenshot
MozBar is an all-in-one search engine optimization (SEO) toolbar for research on the go. With over 800,000+ users, MozBar gives you instant metrics while viewing any webpage or search engine result page (SERP).
- Custom Search: Creates custom searches by engine, country, region, or a particular city
- Metrics: Accesses and compares link metrics across any web page while viewing any SERP
- On-Page Highlighter: Finds and highlights keywords on a page and differentiates Followed, No-Followed, External, or Internal
- Page Overlay: Exposes page elements, general attributes, markup, link metrics, and HTTP status
- Authority Scores: Helps to quickly assess ranking probability with page authority (PA) and domain authority (DA)
- Data Export: Exports your SERP analysis details to a CSV file
Price: Freemium (refers to initial free service with optional payment for additional premium features)
Extension: MozBar Chrome Extension
Grammarly is one of the most widely used Chrome extensions around. It is a writing assistant that anyone can use to proofread and edit their documents. Grammarly checks for more than 250 types of spelling and grammatical errors, and it helps users improve their vocabulary usage.
Grammarly’s artificial intelligence reviews every sentence and searches for appropriate substitutes for errors when they are found. It is a cloud-based program. Both web versions and Microsoft Word integration are available.
Grammarly’s premium features include tone adjustment, word choice, and formality levels. Grammarly is the perfect fit for any writer who wants to clean up and improve their written content.
- Fluency check
- Plagiarism detection
Extension: Grammarly Chrome Extension
SEOquake is a free Chrome extension that provides you with SEO metrics, along with other useful tools such as SEO Audit.
SEOquake consists of many tools that you can use based on your specific SEO needs. The SEO bar is an additional toolbar found at the top of the browser window, and it contains core metrics that can be customized. The SERP overlay is a bar that can be seen below each SERP result. Enabling this option gives you clear metrics associated with each listing along with another sidebar section that lets you sort and export your results.
- Check off all major metrics
- SERPs analysis and export option in CSV
- Keyword difficulty estimation
- Set parameters for a search query
- Full webpage SEO audit, including mobile compatibility
- Social statistics for Facebook
- Wide range of default parameters
- Internal/external links report
- Keyword density
- URLs/domains comparison
Extension: SEOquake Chrome Extension
Ubersuggest is a free Chrome extension and a powerful SEO tool that provides graphs and trends and offers you the monthly search volume of keywords, CPC, and much more. This extension will provide you with insightful data related to a keyword query on not only Google but also on sites like YouTube™, Amazon™, and more. Ubersuggest is available in nine languages: English, Portuguese (Brazil), German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Dutch.
- Domain metrics – A quick overview of each domain.
- Historical traffic – Organic traffic chart of the last 6 months to any given site
- Top pages by country – Most popular pages on your competitor’s website
- Top keywords by country – Most popular keywords that drive traffic to any particular website
Extension: Ubersuggest Chrome Extension
Lighthouse is an automatic tool that helps to improve the quality of web pages. You can run it against any type of web page, both public or those requiring authentication. It has audits for performance, accessibility, SEO, and much more. It is a tool developed by Google that analyzes web apps and web pages, collecting the latest performance metrics and insights on developer best practices. It is available in three workflows:
- Chrome Developer Tools
- Chrome extension
- Command-Line (Node)
Lighthouse extension runs audits of the opened web page, then opens up a new tab with an audit report. Every audit report has a reference document explaining the importance of the audit, along with the solution to fix it.
Extension: Lighthouse Chrome Extension
Browsec virtual private network (VPN) is a Chrome VPN extension that helps to protect your internet protocol (IP) address from internet threats and lets you browse privately throughout the web for free. With Browsec, you can access any site and unblock any content with Browsec free VPN. Browsec VPN Chrome extension is a guaranteed way to protect your Chrome browser and get unrestricted access to any website on the internet.
- Secure IP changer
- Free virtual locations
- Unlimited access to music, video, books, and games
- Traffic encryption
- No limitations
- Remote servers
- Safety and privacy
Extension: Browsec Chrome Extension
If you want to be organized, the Google Calendar extension is a must-have. It is one of the best calendar tools out there. You can easily keep track of events, schedule new events, and share them with anyone you want. There is also an option to set up reminders, keep track of RSVPs, and send invitations.
- View the schedule
- View the year at a glance
- Schedule and reschedule upcoming meeting rooms
- Schedule and reschedule events
- Set reminders
- Add appointments
- Access the world clock
Website: Google Calendar
Extension: Google Calendar Chrome Extension
Everhour is an employee time tracking software that can be used for reporting, payroll, and invoicing. It is the best choice for any small business team or freelancer and anyone who wants to keep track of their activities and convert their working time to billable hours. Everhour has a very simple user-friendly interface that makes it easy for new users to pick up. Creating billable invoices with Everhour is such an easy task.
- Project management
- Resource planning
- Reports and dashboards
- Payroll management
- Expense tracking
- Invoice creation
Extension: Everhour Chrome Extension
If you are looking for a website blocking tool with custom features, use StayFocusd. It is a productivity extension for Chrome that helps users stay focused on work by restricting the amount of time users can spend on time-wasting websites. Once the user’s allotted time has been met for a particular website, that site will be inaccessible for the rest of the day.
StayFocusd provides a wide range of features like the ability to block websites for a specified amount of time. It also allows users to selectively block page content such as images and videos, to help users stay focused on other tasks.
- Website blocking for specified time intervals
- Website time tracking
- Pause and play feature
- Notifications blocking
- Views of app usage and history
Extension: StayFocusd Chrome Extension
Awesome Screenshot is a Chrome extension that helps to capture high-quality screen recording and screenshots. Users can add annotations and text to the screenshots to provide quick feedback. This extension allows users to upload captured images in different ways like uploading via the extension, choosing the image from the computer, dragging and dropping the image, and pasting the image through the clipboard.
- Screen recording (video dimensions: 720p, 1080p, and 4K)
- Instant screenshot and record sharing
- Image editing
- Scrolling capture
- Saving recordings and screenshots to local disk or online drive
- Annotation during screen record
- Annotation and editing of videos after recording
Website: Awesome Screenshot
Extension: Awesome Screenshot Extension
Like this post? Feel free to share it with your friends / colleagues / family