Search engine optimization, also known as SEO in Singapore, is not new, yet it remains a mystery to some people, especially for businesses that have recently expanded their operations online.
Aside from learning that SEO is part of digital marketing that makes a website and its content more visible, there are many factors to learn to understand SEO better.
Beginners can grasp the SEO basics first before they can put their knowledge into practice, let alone outsource their SEO needs from an expert in Singapore.
You may start your SEO journey by unveiling the answers to SEO questions that beginners are afraid to ask.
Doing so should help you gain a better understanding of SEO.
1. Is SEO Expensive?
SEO can be expensive, but for good reasons. Besides taking time to see results, implementing and maintaining SEO practices in campaigns require resources. These include manpower for keyword research and preparation of campaign reports, as well as purchases for SEO tools.
It would be challenging to think outside the box and produce appealing content that would draw potential customers without being adept at interpreting data, let alone gathering more in-depth data without using relevant SEO tools.
You may have to employ an SEO consultant in Singapore to develop tailored SEO strategies to satisfy and meet your SEO goals.
2. Should I Hire An SEO Agency?
It depends on your business’s SEO needs. While it is possible to implement SEO on your own, it involves garnering massive SEO knowledge and putting them into practice.
As your business grows, you will eventually need to outsource your SEO by hiring an SEO agency so you can focus more on other core aspects of your business.
If you engage with an SEO agency, you can access premium SEO tools and a specialized team of SEO experts to manage your campaigns and SEO strategies.
3. How Will My Business Benefit From SEO?
SEO is the key to a better online presence since it can increase your website’s content relevance by strategically adding keywords related to your business, from its products to services.
These keywords can be words or phrases that most people type on search engines.
Since most online experience begins on search engines, a website ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs) can receive more clicks and organic traffic.
It can increase the chances of building brand authority, generating leads and conversions, and eventually boosting overall return on investment (ROI).
The more traffic a website receives, the higher its position on SERPs, and more potential customers will come across it.
4. What Is SEO Link Building?
SEO link building, also known as backlinks, is a practice that involves acquiring quality links or mentions from other websites to your business’s website.
The more backlinks a website has, it increases its domain authority. The higher the domain authority score is, the likelihood that your website will rank higher on SERPs increases. Ideally, a website with excellent and strong domain authority should score 60 or higher.
5. What Are The Most Important Google Ranking Factors?
Google will consider several ranking factors, such as high-quality content, search intent, page speed, mobile friendliness, and links. The following will explain each of these factors:
- High-Quality Content
- Provides helpful information to people
- Search Intent
- It refers to the intention of searches online. Google uses Rankbrain in most queries to determine which most relevant results to display on SERPs.
- Page Speed
- It is about the loading speed of a website’s web page. Ideally, a website page should load faster than 3 seconds.
- Mobile Friendliness
- A website’s mobile friendliness highly depends on the responsiveness of its web design. A responsive web design can adapt to users’ various digital devices, such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets.
- Links come in two parts: internal links and external links. The internal links refer to the links within the website. The external links, also known as backlinks, are links that come from other websites and link back to your own.
Possessing all of these factors helps content have a better chance of ranking higher or positioning itself on SERPs.
6. What Are The SEO Best Practices?
The success of your business depends on having a solid SEO strategy. To stay competitive and maintain your ranking on SERPs, the more you should implement SEO best practices.
When it comes to e-commerce, these 10 SEO best practices can help increase traffic:
- Perform keyword research
- Create quality content for each product page
- Allow customer reviews
- Simplify your e-commerce website architecture
- Resolve technical SEO issues
- Use a proper URL structure
- Properly rename alt text and file name of images
- Start a blog page
- Make your e-commerce store responsive
- Add a custom 404 error page
SEO continues to evolve as long as people keep using and relying on search engines to find answers and resolve their concerns, whether for personal or business intentions.
Stay current on the latest SEO trends and best SEO practices by working with an award-winning digital marketing agency to successfully run SEO campaigns.